The South Carolina SmartState Center for Healthcare Quality is committed to engaging in innovative research that will enhance the quality of health for individuals in South Carolina and around the world. Our mission is to contribute to advances in healthcare and population health through rigorous research, education, community engagement, and policy advocacy.
Faculty Research Interest and Expertise
- HIV prevention, treatment and care
- Mental health promotion
- Health disparities
- Psychological resilience
- Global health
- Social media and health
- Health economics
- Healthcare “Big Data” analytics
- Tianyue Mi, a doctoral candidate in the CHQ, wins a 2022 Breakthrough Graduate Scholar award from the Office of the Vice President for Research!
- Dr. Xiaoming Li is Awarded as a 2021 Breakthrough Leadership in Research from the Vice President for Research at University of South Carolina
- Dr. Bankole Olatosi is Awarded as a 2021 Breakthrough Stars from the Vice President for Research at University of South Carolina
- Dr. Shan Qiao is Awarded as Breakthrough Star – Recognized by UofSC for Her Research and Scholarly Excellence in Stigma and Isolation Associated with HIV/AIDS
- UofSC Holds Big Data Health Science Student Case Competition